So your Parents and Inlaws....

Say they will keep the kids for 7 days.
What would you do with your 7 days?

For the parents who still have kids at home, under age.

Asked by louise2 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• Go on vacation. Or heck sleep in everyday and have uninterrupted sex lol
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 4:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• I don't know what I would do, my girls are gone for a day and I am lost so a week would be too long for me, I love breaks but love being with my kids more.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:38 AM on Dec. 24, 2012

• Every summer my mom is off the first 2 weeks in July. Both my girls go to "Camp Grandma" for those 2 weeks with the exception of the weekend when they come back home to spend it with me & DH. In those 2 weeks I actually meet up with them for lunch one day, we go to the zoo and we'll do one or 2 other outings. My mom loves taking them and I like going with them too. Anyway, with the rest of the days I usually take a couple days to myself - sleep in, go shopping, lunch or dinner with friends....just take time for me. I also take a couple days and do a MAJOR cleaning on the house. I get into every little corner, move furniture, declutter. It's great because everything I clean stays look perfect for awhile before my girls get back home.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2012

• My parents take our DD for about 5 days twice a year, calling it Nana Camp. My two nieces also stay and they have a blast.

DH and I work full time, but we usually take off a little time and go places we don't normally take her since she's 5, like art museums. Last summer we went to the Biltmore estate.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:16 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• When I was away from her for school....I went to the movies alot. it was so nice to not have to watch kiddie films.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Dont think that would happen maybe a couple of days but not 7
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 1:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• They have. We worked. That is why they'd had him. No school but still have to work. Was a bummer. But so it goes. Now we will not allow my on laws to have him alone. But that is a whole different story.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:35 AM on Dec. 13, 2012

• Sleep! 7 whole days without having to get up at 5:30, yayy!
    I'd got to the movies with DH and to dinner. Play on my computer with no interruptions, lol
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• have crazy, loud sex while on vacation;)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• There's no point in me speculating, it's just not going to happen. Neither side is up to looking after them (but only because their 80+). OTOH, they've never even taken them for a night nor babysat them even when they were younger (my daughters are now 10) so why should they start now ...
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 5:25 AM on Dec. 12, 2012