So your Parents and Inlaws....

Say they will keep the kids for 7 days.
What would you do with your 7 days?

For the parents who still have kids at home, under age.

Asked by louise2 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• i would sleep all 7 days
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Would hubby & I still have to go to work? If not, then we wouldn't leave our bed except to eat (food) lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:33 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• My in laws do take my kids every summer for 1 week (and a couple weekends) They go to their place in Maine. We usually just relax, maybe go out to eat. One year we went away for a few days for our anniversary.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 6:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• nope, we still will only go away for maximum 4 days at a time, I am sure my Mil, and Fil would keep the kids forever, but we don't want to be away from them for that long, they could come with us! My husband travels for work, and we have gone with him when he is booked for over a week.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 7:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• If it was spur of the moment, either just take time for myself or go on a little road trip. It it was planned and money wasn't an issue, go on a cruise or to a spa resort.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 7:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• take a 7 day something with dh
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• There's no point in me speculating, it's just not going to happen. Neither side is up to looking after them (but only because their 80+). OTOH, they've never even taken them for a night nor babysat them even when they were younger (my daughters are now 10) so why should they start now ...
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 5:25 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• have crazy, loud sex while on vacation;)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Sleep! 7 whole days without having to get up at 5:30, yayy!
    I'd got to the movies with DH and to dinner. Play on my computer with no interruptions, lol
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• They have. We worked. That is why they'd had him. No school but still have to work. Was a bummer. But so it goes. Now we will not allow my on laws to have him alone. But that is a whole different story.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:35 AM on Dec. 13, 2012