Do you believe that ALL children should be vaccinated?

madmueller

Asked by madmueller at 6:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2012 in Kids' Health

• lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Yes. Against some diseases more than others but vaccines are important. I can't tell you the number of whooping cough cases here.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• "Parents need to realize that their few hours of research does not compete with pretty much ANYONE in the medical field, from candystripers to neurologists."

I have to agree with this. Online research is a double edged source. Too often, parents are directed to sites that have absolutely NO scientific evidence to back up their claims. Parents are almost encouraged to make a poor choice.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Parents need to realize that their few hours of research does not compete with pretty much ANYONE in the medical field, from candystripers to neurologists.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 6:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Other then the ones who are allergic to the ingredients in the vaccine, yes. I have an uncle that caught polio when he was a kid. It affected his legs and now he can't walk at all. After seeing how it's affected him, there is NO way I am not going to vaccinate my kids.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• No, but I also think that 99.9% of parents who don't vaccinate their children should have their children removed from their care ASAP.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 6:40 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• All of My kids, yup.
    We also don't have any medical conditions or religious beliefs barring the practice.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Personally, I don't know why someone would take that type of risk to NOT vaccinate. I know people have their reasons, but I think the benefits outweigh the risks. (JMHO)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• If they don't have contraindications, yes.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• No. Some children have allergies to ingredients in vaccines. And while I wouldn't allow a religious belief to put my child in a position of getting very, very sick, some people do - and that's their right.

I DO think that parents need to research and educate themselves on the vaccines, too.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2012