I need help knitting with 2 colors

I bought two skeins of Angel Hair yarn. One in black and the other in pink. I started knitting in garter stitch and just alternated the colors every 6 rows. However, after doing a quarter of the scarf, I don't like it. But, I don't know how to knit many other stitches. I'm pretty sure I could figure out how to knit a ribbed scarf with both colors. But, I wanted something cooler than that. I can't seem to find how to do 2 color diamonds anywhere. I'm not sure if I would be able to anyway. Then, I saw a tutorial for a basket weave stitch, but I didn't know if it was possible with 2 colors or if that would even look good. Any help would be great.
I am a beginner knitter. I have knitted 2 scarves, both with garter stitch. I have started knitting a scarf in stockinette stitch, but after doing several rows of it, I don't like the way it looks. Would a blocked stockinette stitch look good with 2 colors? If so, how do I do that?

OnAJourney_4Him

Asked by OnAJourney_4Him at 8:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2012 in Hobbies & Crafts

• www.knittinghelp.com

Also a good link with tons of videos and help.

If you're going to do stockinette, you need to do a few rows (approx 5-6 at least) of garter stitch first so the scarf doesn't curl. Given the type of yarn you have seed stitch isn't going to show up very well. A straight ribbed scarf would look pretty. With the type of yarn you're using any stitch with a lot of definition, like seed stitch, isn't going to show up well.

In my opinion I'd suggest holding off on patterns where it shows as a diamond - that's more of an intermediate project and getting your feet wet with easier projects for now would be the best bet.

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• www.ravelry.com

Go to that site - you have to sign up to read anything, but you'll find tons of help in there.  There are several ways to do what you want to do, but we only get 940 characters to answer, and that's not enough.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• I apologize for giving you that link, btw, you're going to lose HOURS of your life on that site :)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Thank you very much! I just created my account. I'm going to look around on that site. :)
    OnAJourney_4Him

Comment by OnAJourney_4Him (original poster) at 8:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• haha...my husband will thank you. :)
    OnAJourney_4Him

Comment by OnAJourney_4Him (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• NP is right Raverly is a great site. Here is a link for an easy pattern. You can go to you tube and watch video's on how to start or search for the stitch you want to do,

Pattern

DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:38 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Well, I decided to just knit with one color for now. Perhaps knitting with 2 different colors in any sort of pattern is too difficult for me right now. I will make 2 scarves instead. With the pink one I am doing a stockinette stitch. But, I'm blocking it. So, it has a garter stitch border and garter stitch in between each "block" of stockinette stitch. With the black, I'll try either a ribbed K2P2 pattern or I'll try the basket weave pattern.
    Thank you ladies for all your help.
    OnAJourney_4Him

Comment by OnAJourney_4Him (original poster) at 7:36 AM on Dec. 12, 2012