Professional Development

I am starting a newsletter at work. It will be monthly and I have several different sections. For December's newsletter (which I will be sending out Friday), I have every section filled except for Professional Development. Any suggestions on what to include in this month's newsletter? 

Just a little background- the people I will be sending the newsletter to work in non-profit, work with volunteers and academic programs as well as do parent involvement activities. 

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2012 in Money & Work

• Well...what are you wanting to put there? Tips on professional development? A list of classes/workshops they can attend to provide professional development? Either of those could be filled with a little search on the internet. If this is the first month you've done it, you could consider just putting a definition of what professional development in your field would be. That could be helpful to those who might not be sure how to advance in your field, or (since you mention volunteers) might not even have the first clue what professional development is.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Thanks, Wendy. I think for December I will give the definition of professional development and include a few webinar links or upcoming workshops. I would also like to include helpful articles, for example something on volunteer management. After that I am stuck.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2012