what can i give my 2 year old for his cold and flu, instead of medicine?

natural medicine

kassissian777

Asked by kassissian777 at 11:08 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Tylenol or motrin. I wouldn't give him anything that's "natural" so to speak, just as suppliments and stuff. Pleanty of fluids, a saline nasal spray can help and can be used as often as needed Most of the reason that they say that kids that young can't have otc cold meds is because parents are stupid and don't follow the directions, and over medicate the child.
    Tylenol or motrin for fever and body aches, a humidifier at night and all day. A nice warm vapor bath is soothing as well, and of course ALOT of TLC and caffine for you because you won't be getting any sleep lol. Best of luck to you hun, when your baby is sick, it's heartbreaking!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:29 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• If you suspect the flu, make sure he is seen by his doctor and that you know what complications to look for. The flu can quickly cause other problems like pneumonia.

And remember, just because it says "natural" doesn't mean it's safe. A nice cup of hemlock tea would be natural but it would kill you very quickly too. And the companies selling the "natural" stuff don't have to prove anything or test anything. They can put any claims they want on the package and any dosing instructions they dream up. Many natural cures work great, some are pure fraud.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My baby, when she was 7 months old had the flu type b. We didn't give her any meds. Just breastfed her. She only had a mild fever. :) Google "Homeopathic remedies for the flu"
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I give my kids collidial silver and taheebo - check out my web-site.

my kids were always sick - this year they are less sick. I give them 1 oz of bb - a whole food liquid organic supplement. Endorced by over 6000 doctors - I haven't had to give them breathing treatments in 9 + months and my middle son suffered from chronic diahrea since he was 1 1/2 and he has gained 2 lbs in 3 mon. and is 95% better.

my web-site www.Healthy4body.com I give them 1 oz a day. there is also a live doctors call every thursday night - I can give you that information as well just pm me.

I also had 15 years of abnormal paps - I just got a normal one. I have been taking 4 oz for 11 mo.

Sandy
    nma928

Answer by nma928 at 1:02 AM on Feb. 21, 2009