The last of the baby proofing things are gone

it seems like not long ago we were just putting up gates and putting in socket protectors and those cushy covers on end tables and tonight the last of the gates has been taken down and given away.

I am thrilled she is growing up and that we dont need them but it sure makes it seem odd around here. (we still have socket covers though).

A bittersweet feeling I guess.

so for a question, how did you feel when you took all of it away ?

luvmygrandbaby

Asked by luvmygrandbaby at 10:08 PM on Dec. 11, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• ROFL he's 9 and we still find the occasional socket protector we forgot about since we never actually use the outlet.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• I still put one baby gate up at night, mostly because I'm in denial and don't want to give it up. She doesn't need to be kept out of anything, and she can open it! lol
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• i know how that feels. we've been down to nothing but outet covers for a few months now and it was odd at first, especially getting used to the gate at the bottom of the stairs being gone. but now it just feels normal and natural again. although, i do still have a locky thingy on my precious moments collection, but im pretty sure if my kids wanted to at their ages they could get it open LOL. my youngest is turning 3 in january and still puts everything in her mouth too, but unfortunately i cant babyproof pieces of dirt, lint, random change, rocks, rubbery things, small toys. she just likes to chew on these things, or feel them in her mouth, but she is WAY past the age to do that so idk why she still does! im constantly finding her with something in her mouth no matter how closely i watch her. im surprised she hasn't contracted some disease from something she's picked up off the floor and put in her mouth.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• babyproofing didn't bother me
    it was the no more nursing or kinder or, are you ready for this?

"Mom, I am ready to order my senior class ring".
    I became a puddle.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:11 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• OMG, she'll be five next month! Yikes!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• We still have most of our things (DD is almost 7). One thing I really would love to get rid of is the thing that keeps the oven door closed...can't figure out how to unattach it.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:59 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• It does make me a little weepy from time to time. I took the last doorknob cover off the furnace closet when we had the furnace replaced last month, and I got kind of teary-eyed. Then I felt silly. It's so much fun to watch my little girl grow up, but I do miss the baby now and then!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:21 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• well I didnt nurse her lol that woudl be weird grandma nursing ewww, just NO! LOL
    yeah the High School thing gets ya too, senior pics just wait!
    luvmygrandbaby

Comment by luvmygrandbaby (original poster) at 10:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• I still can't part with all of it; we have a baby gate at the top of the stairs that will remain till my youngest (now 5) can open it. And I know this is silly, but I still have a few (empty) breast milk bottles kicking around. DH has asked me many times about getting rid of them, but I just can't. I love watching them grow, too, but I still miss the baby phase.....
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 11:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2012