Son wakes up an talks jiberish?

so my son just woke up went to the bathroom and came out to the living room an was going to watch tv (i assumed) i then said excuse me wut r u doing ur suppose to be in bed. (all my kids are i bed by 8pm) he then ignored me and his dad started asking him to come here and he was still ignoring his dad and finally after about 5times he went to his dad and his dad started asking him wut was wrong and u he came out here, his responses did not make any sense from wut we could understand. Was he sleep walking an talking or wut was up im confused and worried cause i believe this has happen before.

angelnina8715

Asked by angelnina8715 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Well you don't make any sense either...
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• how does that not make sense
    angelnina8715

Comment by angelnina8715 (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Sounds like he was sleepwalking. My oldest does it from time to time. He once woke up and came downstairs to me, stood there glaring at me and asking me what team he was on. I asked him what? "WHAT TEAM AM I ON??!" I told him Nick you're on my team go to bed. And off he went.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• is there anything you can do for that
    angelnina8715

Comment by angelnina8715 (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Nope. Tell them to go back to bed.

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Yep, I'd say sleepwalking too, my middle one used to do that. They say you shouldn't try to wake them, just try to get them back in bed.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:14 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• My oldest has done it a few times. He usually asks me the strangest questions when he does to. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless he starts to try to grab knives, turn on the stove, or do other dangerous stuff. There isn't a while lot you can do about it other then tell him to go back to bed.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• thanks, i do try an have him go to bed but theres just sometimes he doesnt listen and he if just a blank stair crying
    angelnina8715

Comment by angelnina8715 (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2012