So i need help! I just gave birth 2 months ago my last menstrual cycle was jan the 9th 2012 ...i'm not sure when am i suppose to start my next period.But i got on dpo and had unprotected sex 2 days after i then waited 2 days to get on plan b pill and now 10 days later i started spotting and having a light pink/red blood come out it went away for the rest of the day and now today on the 11th i'm wiping and i see pink blood ..Could i be pregnant or is it normal for my period to be like this???

jlow361

Asked by jlow361 at 11:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Are you breast feeding? I didn't have my period for almost a year after I had my DD.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:09 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• When did your doctor tell you (after depo shot) that you could have unprotected sex?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:12 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• no i am not breast feeding im bottle feeding and my doctor didn't tell me nothing that is the reason why i just went ahead and had sex but then i called her and she told me to use protection for a month to let the dpo get in my system?
    jlow361

Comment by jlow361 (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Obviously longer than 2 days, PartyGal, or she wouldn't have gotten the Plan B pill. Yea, I would test if I were you. Birth, BC, & Plan B can all screw with the cycle.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• how long do i have to wait to test it's been 9-10 days since i last had sex idk when i ovulated?
    jlow361

Comment by jlow361 (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Obviously. My point is she DIDN'T ask her doctor, but expects strangers on the internet to give an accurate answer.
    OPEN YOUR MOUTH while you're sitting in their office! That's what you're paying them for!
    And next time you have unprotected sex, remember the fear and panic that drove you to post this question, and DON'T DO IT!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• PARTYGALANNE Well people do make make mistakes and i do ask questions but for my first time getting the dpo i figured it would work in 24 hrs!!! But then again this site is to help people with questions and give your best answer not to be RUDE!!! if you donthave the patience and heart t help others don't bother to even answer them.
    jlow361

Comment by jlow361 (original poster) at 12:47 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• When you have a baby. Your period times change. You can not go by your last period before the pregnancy. You should have been using protection tell after you stoped bleeding from the birth.

Just test. Most women are very fertile after birth.

Answer by louise2 at 7:22 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I went on Depo after giving birth to my daughter and I never got a regular period on it...I went over 2 years without a real period, only got a real period 3 months after stopping Depo.
    While on Depo I had light spotting for a few days once every few months. So it's totally normal not to have a period while on Depo.
    But, because you had sex so soon after your first shot, it's true, you may not have been fully protected yet.
    What I would do if I were you, since you cannot trust your periods anymore, is pick a day, about 4 weeks after you had sex, and take a test. Then, a month after that, take another test. After a couple negative tests you can probably assume that you're good to go.
    I took a few tests over the 2 years I was on Depo, just to ease my mind. Why not?
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 9:18 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Well, I don't think you need to panic just yet. You just put a lot of hormones in your body and there will be consequences to that until you sort of level out (consequences being spotting and other issues that can happen with a fluctuation of hormones). I would suggest going to the dollar store to get some inexpensive pregnancy tests and if you are still worried about it in the next couple of weeks then go ahead and test. The spotting could be from the depo. Plan B shouldn't make you spot, but added to the hormones in the depo it's possible that the spotting is just from those.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:36 AM on Dec. 12, 2012