If your SO thinks, as a SAHM, you do nothing...

Ever leave him home alone with the kids :)

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 11:16 PM on Dec. 11, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• No mine was painfully aware from the start that a stay at home mom has no time for doing nothing! yes, I left him days with all three! early training is crucial!

Answer by older at 9:03 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Mine is pretty cool about what I do or don't do all day. He does watch the kids. In fact, he had the all to himself from last Thurs. to Sun. While I went to a food conference. They all had a blast and I did too.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• He has never said it, he often kept our daughter without me, and he was always good with her and handled it like I would. Its always the men that say things like " you do nothing all day" "the house is a mess" "i work you dont" that have no idea what they are doing when left with the kids, they are completely over whelmed and cant cope, it figures!!!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• yeah i did that to DH once. on a Friday night i put in ear plugs before bed and let him handle all middle of the night problems. then i woke up, showered, and told him id be back around 5pm. it was a great day! one i got to have a day to myself and two he was exhausted. he never realized how much work kids can be...especially when mom isnt around to take care of all their needs haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:21 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Yep, and he thinks that HE can do it SO much better - Maybe I should put him up for FATHER OF THE YEAR? :)
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 11:19 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• I think that my so thinks it is easy. i have left him with our daughter for a few hours but not ALL day. I WILL PRETTY SOON THOUGH..LOL.
    lolabunny5234

Answer by lolabunny5234 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• yes I have and nothing gets done and if he does do anything he focuses on one thing and does a great job about it, so I give him a compliment and he gets a big head and says stuff like "Why can't this always look like this" I'm like well first of all kids are very demanding all you have to do is raise your voice and they listen me they just laugh unless I really get upset with them, but anyway I just tell him the only reason you did a great job is bc you tell the kids something and they're good for you and yes If I had that power I could do it too. Oh and I take my compliment back...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Mine admits it is difficult and gives me props for doing it more often. He does watch them to give me breaks, though. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:00 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Mine is fine with however much I get done during the day and always has been and he has stayed home with the kids and cleaned up vomit and dirty diapers and food toosed all over.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:41 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• If Dad thinks you do nothing all day, do nothing once in a while and see what he thinks about the result.

My boyfriend helps out around the house a lot. Does laundry, picks up toys, goes grocery shopping, sometimes pitches in with the dishes. It's awesome. When he watches our daughter, he's less attentive than I am; usually she'll sit in front of a movie or play by herself for him where if I were there, she'd be hanging on me and demanding my attention. I guess it's just the different expectations she's gotten used to having from each of us.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:59 AM on Dec. 12, 2012