Does anyone think the world is going to end? and from what.... NOT JOKING?

tonipaffel

Asked by tonipaffel at 11:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• eventually, sure...from what? I don't know
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• one day sure
    how I dont know
    when? Not this month
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:01 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Of course I do. I do not know when or what will cause it but all things end eventually. I doubt it will be in my lifetime.
    If I had to make a guess it would be from an asteroid or somthing like that.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:02 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• The sun will become a red giant

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:05 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I've been trying not to think about how we only have 10 days left..... and now that's ruined! Wait, it's midnight, so it's now 9 days! And it's either going to be a collision with Planet X or a superquake or a pole shift or Yellowstone erupting. Personally, I think the fire-breathing crocodile god is what will do us in.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:16 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Eventually, yes

How, only one person knows that. I just hope I go fast and not linger.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• The one thing that stands out to me from proofreading so many textbooks about world history is the endless rise and fall of civilizations, all of whom probably thought in their day that they would never be destroyed. The world as we know it now will inevitably change. I suppose eventually human beings will ruin the planet in one way or another. Maybe we will have colonized other places in outer space by then; maybe not. Mankind has an incredible will to survive, so who knows--maybe we will continue on indefinitely as a species, somewhere, somehow.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:49 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Yes it will.....from mass stupidity.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:55 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I am wondering who told someone who told someone else the world will end. Nowhere has it said the world will end. Its the simple fact the Mayan's calender ended. Then you have top ask yourself, what in the hell would have to happen to everyone to die in one day? Not possible, at least scientifically. A big huge solar flare could erupt which really screw things up royally cause we are so dependent on electricity and electronics . But not everyone would die. We would have to start to live like folks were in the 1800's before electricity was discovered, live off the land and such. Or if there was a sudden pole reversal, millions of folks will die but not everyone. Or we could have another planet crash into us. But if that were the case I would think NASA would see it by now. Our calendar year ends Jan 31st. The Mayan calendar ended the 21st.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:34 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:35 AM on Dec. 12, 2012