BC?????

I hear a lot of cafemom's talking about using rubbers and the pull out method. What happemed to birthcontrol pills, or what ever the doctor has now days. Is it ancient history or what?

Asked by louise2 at 11:12 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• HAHA- I hear you there! I have heard this "pullout method" be praised too....I am yet to find a mom that has not gotten pregnant off of this. As far as the pill- it would make me terribly sick when I took it. We now use the Mirena device and have been successful with not getting pregnant with that for just about 2 years now. The device is the only protection that we have had to use and DH loves it. We can be as crazy and spotaneous as we want and we don't have to fumble arouns for condoms, or spend days worrying that we may be pregnant. I do know though that because of certain beliefs that some ladies don't believe in IUDs, which is okay.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 11:28 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Not for me! I would never, ever trust the pull out method. SO dumb.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I can't use them because the hormones makes me really sick and messes me all up- I quit taking the pill after only 4 months because of how sick and crappy it made me feel back in September and I am yet to have a period. So I will not be taking it again. Rubbers will work fine for me.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• We use rubbers. Its cheap and when I was on birth control pills it made me gain a lot of weight. A lot of my friends have the same problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• hubby and I used the pullout once and I got preggers with our third kid. it doesn't work. to plan our first two we used rubbers with gel in it and in me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Yes, the pill and stuff like that are ancient. The best way to not get pregnant now is to jump up and down after having sex, or the pull out method...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Well I am not about to bash anyone, but anyone passing a freshman health class will tell you pulling out is about as effective as Russian Roulette.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• haha.. the pull out method is how I got pregnant.. a lot of people are moving away from the pill because of all the other options out there, but I think birth control is still alive and well..
    there are also some extremists who won't use it because it puts hormones in your body.. I won't use it for LONG because of that but I'm not going to risk getting pregnant before I'm ready just to avoid a couple months worth of hormones!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• my dh and i have been doing fien with the pull out method for years!! the only time i got preggers was because we actually planned it!!!
    Anonymous