has anyone gone threw relocation in child custody

I left florida when i was 8 months had no health ins. my husband offered no help told me i was on my own. My family brought me back to ny where baby was born. My hauband then filed for emergency return of both myself and baby. Mind you this guy has 4 other children by 2 different moms. Has never paid child support or even raised these kids. Yet this judge feels best interest is for baby to be in florida

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• With an emergency hearing they only hear a limited about of evidence so it isnt shocking a judge would order that. I went through similiar when my ex cheated and took off. I was left with nothing and went home to my moms in another state. My ex filed an ex parte and got temp custody. When we had our final hearing I got custody and the ability to move my son to my new state because overall it was better for him.

Answer by gemgem at 11:21 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Document everything, get your parents to come with you and testify. Good luck mama.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2009