I need advice on gifts for the girls' teachers

my girls want to give each of their teachers something for chirstmas. since we are going to be making christmas ornaments for our tree, i thought that making one or two for their teachers would be a cute idea. i will put the teacher's name on the back along with the girl's name and the year. but one person told me that was a clever idea another just looked at me and didn't say anything.

what do you guys think? would you like that as a gift or a store bought gift?

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 8:37 AM on Dec. 12, 2012 in Holidays

• A gift card to a craft supply store or one to Dunkin' or Starbucks. This from my mom, a woman who taught for 33 years and got wayyyyyyy more ornaments, etc. than she could ever use.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2012

• I think it's a cute idea. My MIL was the director for a preschool for many years and her Christmas tree is filled with homemade ornaments from her kids over the years. Homemade is so much more personal and thoughtful.
    In all honesty, the teacher is going to love every gift she gets, though, no matter what it is.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 9:03 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I like it. I always had my kids help make a gift for their teacher. It's a token of appreciation from you and your child. Personally, a gift a child made is much more meaningful to me than one their parent bought.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:07 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I think it's nice for young kids. My DD made flour/salt dough ornaments for her teachers this year. I think they will be well received, because her teachers love those kids and the funny sweet arts and crafts they make. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:59 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I think if I were a teacher I would really like that gift.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:10 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Are they allowed to receive gifts from students? They are not in our county.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I think that's fine.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• This going to sound stupid, but we LOVE doing it.

I dip the kids hands in white paint and have them grab an ornament. Then write happy holidays on it and decorate it. We give those along with chocolate dipped spoons for Christmas, to teachers and staff.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 5:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I do gift baskets for the teachers.
    I put homemade treats, ornaments into it and then for female teachers some pretty
    body wash or lotions and for male teachers, their favorite sports will theme out their baskets...
    the ornament idea is cute and coming from a retire pre-school teacher, a nice memory keep sake..
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• I would definitely like that as a gift. We bake cookies and this year, we, too, are making ornaments to give to teachers. I think it's a great idea as it's more personal--your kids did it and its unique (not some generic gift). DS is also painting a ceramic figure for his teacher. I so hope she likes it--I'm pretty sure she will.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 1:09 AM on Dec. 14, 2012