Gender Neutral EzBake Oven?

A young girl, who wanted one for her little brother, is petitioning to have a "non-girl colored" version made and apparently some famous male chefs have made a youtube video in support of her request.

I think it's great idea! What is your opinion?

tessiedawg

Asked by tessiedawg at 10:02 AM on Dec. 12, 2012 in General Parenting

• Color shouldn't matter, but I agree that it does to many people. They should make an EZ bake oven in red! That would be fab. Really.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 10:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I figured the teal one was for boys to begin with. I nearly bought it for my DS one year but decided he'd prefer 'real' cooking time in the kitchen with me. He wound up with a cookbook for kids and an apron that reads 'Chef Nick'.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:22 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Personally I think it makes sense for them to be made in a few different color choices.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:57 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I think color shouldn't matter.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 10:04 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• If you can find one of the older models.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I agree, the color shouldn't matter. I heard part of this on the radio this morning.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• My son has a pink & purple easy bake!! Who cares about colors he loves it :)
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:09 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• DD's is sort of a mint green color. She never uses it. I guess it lost it's appeal rather quickly when she realized how small the treats were and how long they had to cook.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:12 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• But are pink and purple really 'girly'? You don't need a vagina to bake.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 10:18 AM on Dec. 12, 2012

• They used to make an easy bake for boys. It was discontinued when ALL easy bakes were recalled for a safety issue several years ago. This isn't a new thing, just something they stopped doing to save money. DS wanted one, he didn't want a pink one. We make stuff in a real oven instead. I see no issue with marketing a product people actually WANT.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:42 AM on Dec. 12, 2012