My 2 yr old keeps throwing all her cloths out of her closet?!

My 2 yr old keeps throwing all her cloths out of her closet and drawers , I've spanked her, put her in time out, made her help pick them up, made her pick them up by herself, everything I can think of. I don't know what else to do . But I'm so tired of picking them all up and refolding them or hanging them back up ! What should I do ?

TiffysBabies

Asked by TiffysBabies at 11:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put lock/s on her closet door/s. So she can not get in their.

Answer by louise2 at 11:29 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Yep - closet lock and drawer locks.
    OR
    Don't pick them up, have her do it. She's old enough to clean up messes (with supervision and help)
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Make this her problem, not yours. What exactly, would you say, is the problem with having the clothes out of the drawers and closet? She and you must walk on them to get across the room? She can't find her toys? The clothes get soiled or wrinkled? You can't find the outfit you are looking for? When you put an outfit on her, comment, too bad this is so wrinkly or has a footmark on it, but that's what happens when it lies around on the floor. Or, well I wanted to put your blue outfit on but since we can't see where it is I guess we'll have to use the purple one instead- the power of suggestion- that one is the desired one but sorry can't get it because we can't find it. Or, how about this- I guess since your red ball is under all the clothes that you can't play with it so we'll pack it and any other toys under the clothes away in the attic for a while. Let her be inconvenienced, let her discover just why we keep (more)

Answer by Bmat at 11:54 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• (cont'd) clothes neatly in the closet or drawers.

Answer by Bmat at 11:55 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• What are you doing while this is going on? I can't imagine my 2 yr old being out of my sight long enough to do this. I think 2 is a bit young to be unsupervised for any length of time. Or is she doing it when she's supposed to be napping?

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Don't allow her to play in her room ...close the door!
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 2:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I'd consider leaving them on the floor like Bmat suggested. She may start to realize "Hey, this stuff is in my way..."

madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 8:41 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Well, I have a 1 yr old and a 6 yr old also and my eye's can't always be on all 3 of them you know.. They all WALK And have minds of their own! Gheez...
    TiffysBabies

Answer by TiffysBabies at 1:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Oh yeah that applies to BlessedMommy64
    TiffysBabies

Answer by TiffysBabies at 1:50 PM on Feb. 19, 2009