95%percentil

Hello..my baby's head is in the 95%percentil,for now the doctor said no concerns but in 3 months (in his 9 month visit) if continuos growing he will sent him to make an scan....so anyone knows what a 95% head percentil means? and also, anyone has the same experience and any chance that in the following visit his head came to normal range ? Thank you so much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your baby is just on the large side in that capacity. Baby's vary widely at this age. Don't worry unless they tell you to worry. He may have just hit a particular growth spurt early and is measuring high for his age. Wait for the next visit.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:33 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• my doctor said at my son's 6th month visit that we dont need to come in for his 9th because he is fine, and we will go right to his anual. But.. he said that my sons head is in the 95th percentile.. he said in some cases its bad, BUT he said that because my son is 30 inches long, then its nothing to worry about.. how long is your son? if he's "short" and his head is growing larger than his body i could see a reason for the scan, but if he's a very "tall" baby, then i would be asking why the scan.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:37 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• my daughter has been in the 95% for her head since birth, she is now 14 months old. She is 31 1/2 " tall. My dr. never gave any indication that something was wrong.
    Give yourself some peace of mind, call the dr's office and ask
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 11:46 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• my lil man has a big head too...he gets it from his daddy. THey'll both grow into them! lol
    sara3308

Answer by sara3308 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My daughter's head is the opposite. Her head size has been 25 percentile since birth. At her 6 month check up she was 15 lbs 25 inches so she isn't that big. But anyway my pedi said that head size is heredity. So maybe on one side of the family there are just bigger heads. I wouldn't worry too much if the dr. isn't concerned. How big is your boy? Are his weight and height somewhat proportionate with his head size?
    kaosgirly8403

Answer by kaosgirly8403 at 12:12 AM on Feb. 13, 2009