How can I cure chronic yeast infections that started when I began nursing?

I am still nursing, so antibiotics are not an answer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Health

• I hear that plain yogurt is good for yeast infections google it to make sure.
    JellyStar

Answer by JellyStar at 7:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• better yet I did it for you hun: Here are listed a couple of the home remedies for yeast infection:

· Regularly daubing apple cider vinegar in the areas prone to this infection. Your can add some garlic to stop the itchy feeling; and water to dilute the vinegar concentration

· Curds or yogurt is regarded as one of the best home remedies. In fact, it is advisable to soak a tampon into curds and place it in the infected region for at least an hour. Basically, the healthy required bacteria from the curds will replace the unhealthy yeast bacteria. This could be repeated twice to thrice a day.

· Drink at least two glasses of buttermilk a-day, whether infected or not. In fact making curds a part of the daily diet in take reduces the probability of yeast infection.

· Mixture of olive leaf extract with grapefruit seed extraction a glass of water is a good curative tonic for this infection
    JellyStar

Answer by JellyStar at 7:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Acidophilus, can be purchased at a health food store,taken orally daily or inserted vaginally if dissolvable, work fast and well. Are you sure it is yeast and not thrush? Breasts, vagina, both?
    Either way the above solution should work in addition to airing out and white distilled vinegar and water mixed 50%/50% and used as a wash for the affected area will kill it and stop if from coming back.
    Acidophilus is a natural enzyme that will not hurt your little one, in-fact will boost their immunity to yeast and thrush infections.
    Good Luck!
    Funx3

Answer by Funx3 at 1:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Are you taking baths? Breast milk has alot of sugar in it, and yeast feeds on sugar...I had this problem when mine were little, my dr recomended taking showers instead. Acidophilus does help, and so does vinegar.
    INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 8:13 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• STop eating dairy & sugar!!! You have an overabundance of fungus(yeast) in your body!! Reseach it and you will see that sugar is so bad for you and your baby. Try to eat more fruits & veggies and healthier snacks. Of course we all love our sweets. Take them out for 2 months and see how you are.
    teamhalsey

Answer by teamhalsey at 11:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2008