My son hates his car seat - he's 3 months old - any suggestions on getting him used to it and liking it? We're fairly house-bound or have miserable car trips.

MeandMy3sons67

Asked by MeandMy3sons67 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Bring the carseat in to the house and sit him in it. So he will be use to it when you go some where.

Answer by louise2 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My DD just has a toy or two hanging from her carseat. on a long trip I cut out shapes on bold colors and glued them onto bright white paper and taped it to the seat in front of her. It gave her something to look at.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:47 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Is it a travel system car seat? (i.e. latches into the stoller and into the car?) If so...take him on walks. Babies usually love walks and the motion. If he gets used to being in it for walks, he might like it in the car better. Other than that, practice, practice, practice. He'll get used to it. Also - try not to tense up yourself when you put him in...they sense your mood...you could be feeding into each other.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I agree with other posters.

Also, do you think part of it is that she can't see you once she is in there? If there is someone else who can drive, let them drive and sit in the back with your baby.

If that is not an option, can you get one of those soft car mirrors so she can see you?

Otherwise, all you can do is smile and play happy as you put her in there, I agree that baby will sense you think the carseat is a negative thing, and will feed off of that.

DD hated the seat for a long time, but now is at an age where we can talk about how safe it is and she loves to say that her and her dolly are safe, lol.

Good luck hun!

Oh, and you can play music, or for a while DD LOVED the static between stations and would quiet down :P
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 1:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2009