22 weeks preg & 97 percential very worried

first I have been feeling the baby boy kicking me everywhere, above belly button, on my sides and down to the bone below. I was pretty sure he was parallel not sure if its his head or feet down there but he has been hurting me with either kicking or headbutting the bone.. I have said many time this past week this baby must be big. How is hitting me in all these areas at same time.lol.. I went to my ultrasound apt this morning. The ultrasound tech said when is my due date? And then was like ummm.. wait let me measure him again.  & then sad let me look at his old scans. She said he is 2 weeks sooner, meaning I am 2 weeks further along according to his size. And the doc said he is at the 97 percentile. OMG I am so worried!! 

Now I went to the ER at like 16 weeks 6 days. that ultrasound tech said I was further along then.  But my OB doc said we cant change my due date. Beause my cycle date and te utrasoun match. BUT my last period was a guess. & my Gest Diab test was a neg.

PLEASE.. shed light on this for me.

sugarandstones

Asked by sugarandstones at 1:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Ultrasounds are at best a very good guess.

No one knows anything for sure until the baby is born. Trust in your doctor, and that the original due date is correct. There is nothing worse than thinking you're due and forcing a premature baby out before s/he is ready.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I don't think this is anything to be worried about. Ultrasounds can be off sometimes, as long as baby is growing and you are feeling good, I would not worry!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 1:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• To ease your mind ALOT I have 2 stories for you lol.

My older boys ALWAYS measured a couple weeks ahead. On my 3 year old, I have weekly U/S and NST's and was told that he was something like 7 pounds at 34 weeks and that he would have to be induced because he was HUGE! Well, he was born at 38 weeks and weighed 7lbs. 15oz. So they were off on their measurements and I did not have to be induced.

Second story. I am 24.5 weeks now and this one is measuring 2 weeks BEHIND but was always right on so they will not change dates. BUT, don't worry, there is quite a large margin of error with U/S measurements and big isn't bad as long as everything else looks good :0).

Good luck.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Not going to help much but they said my baby was in the 80th percentile and he came out 10 lbs 3 ozs!
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 2:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Thank you all for yor comments.
    sugarandstones

Comment by sugarandstones (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• You are worrying for nothing. This baby will come when he or she wants to , now matter what date someone has decided is the right one. It is educated guesses.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• you & your baby fine don't worry god will watch over both u
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 4:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• they are always wrong on the weight, they told me all of my kids were about ten pounds and they came out 7. all four of them! Dont worry!
    Anonymous

• i have 2 stories that i might shed some light but not help ease your worried... in the last 6 month i had two aunts give birth to premature babies due to health complcations
    1st baby was extimated at 3lbs ?ozs by ultrasound - was born 4 lbs 6oz... atleast a pound bigger than they estimated
    2nd baby was estimated at 6lbs ? oz and was born 8lbs 4 oz like 2 lbs bigger than they estimated...
    so ultrasounds are not 100% but these 2 examples both happen to be bigger - idk anyone that was smaller as of right now
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 2:59 AM on Dec. 13, 2012