MobiGo?

Are they really as bad as the reviews say? Most say the batter life is awful and the game itself stops working shorting after buying it. Seems like a great concept, I would love to give to my kids.

AngZacc

Asked by AngZacc at 1:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2012 in Shopping

• We didn't get the MobiGo, but we DID get the VReader, an animated book reading system, last year for my daughter. Within 6 months the audio completely failed. First through the system itself, then through the headphones as well. We forgot that we got the insurance on it through Toys R Us. I called Vtech and after all their troubleshooting failed they told me to send it in to them and they'd replace it. The "label" the sent me printed on two separate pages and the post office refused to let me use it. The email VTech sent me said if I didn't use their label the package could be refused.

That was 3 months ago. We don't have a VReader, and VTech has no record of receiving the package. I WILL NOT buy anything else VTech.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• It worked great for about a month then started having problems loading the games. Battery life was fine, but we used the ac adapter often. Between the cost of the system and the games I felt it not worth it.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• VTech does not get good reviews from almost anywhere I look...Guess that tells me to let this one go!
    AngZacc

Comment by AngZacc (original poster) at 4:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I highly recommend Leap Frog. We've had their stuff before, and currently, and it takes a beating and keeps on going. I don't know HOW many times my kids have dropped/thrown their Leapster's and they're still working like brand new.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• ive no idea, interested tho!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2013