*hospital vent* would you be annoyed to? adult content

so my 20 year old daughter has to get her mirena taken out, its causing all sorts of problems and lately its been making her nauseous...so she called into her hospital to scheduled an appointment to get it removed, told the woman on the line all the problems shes having, and asked if her doctor was still working at that hospital, the lady blew her off and said "ill send your doc a message and we'll see if she wants to see you" WHAT!? this thing could be doing something to her uterus, it could make her infertal, we dont know exactly whats wrong with it. PLUS mirena got recalled, shouldnt this be a top priority? on top of all of that her fiance is acting like a snarky asshole saying "i told you so nenner nenner" and shes had to tell her dad since she on his medical still and he doesnt give a shit, he just doesnt want her having another kid so he said "wouldnt it be better if you were protected?" its not like shes going to be fucking her fiance while shes cramping and bleeding after she gets it removed. its like no one cares other then me and her

so heres my question shouldnt this be top priority in a doc office? and would you be annoyed if this happened to your dd?

this is probably in the wrong section 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• I had an IUD that was causing me a lot of pain. I finally had to go to ER. They took it out there. Try that.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• tell her to get a new doctor
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• @m-avi she'll be looked over and sent home, she went in a few weeks ago complaining of extreme back pain and they didnt do anything

@lostsoul88 theres only 5 obgyns in the hospital she cant exactly switch
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I'd be irritated but the phone person doesn't have any authority to tell her anything. None of the symptoms you're describing seem terribly outside the norm of Mirena.

Just have her call back, tell the woman she'd like to make an appointment to have her Mirena removed and go it to do it. It's like a 10 minute appointment. Easy peasy
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• If there are 5 docs why cant she see another one?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• @feralxat because these other docs only see older women only one other see's young women and shes on vacation
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Her father's Insurance only is accepted there?? What??? Something is wrong here. Does she have an Insurance Card with her name on it or if she is covered under her Fathers Insurance then look at his card, call the phone number on the back of the Insurance Card & see if they can find another Dr. who she can see.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• @ilovemypaulie its a huge chain of hospitals but this is the only one in her area for 3 hours
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Here's the thing... I worked in scheduling for quite some time. There is only so much they can do. They have to follow policy. If the policy is to send a message to the doctor to get approval to overbook a day in order to have your dd seen, well then that's all they can do. I mean, you can keep calling back until the doctor is tired of all the messages, but other than that, it would be better to go to the ER.

I don't get irritated at that kind of thing, but that's probably because I've been on the other side before, and I understand that there are limits to what scheduling can and cannot do without doctor approval. It's likely that she didn't understand what your dd wanted to do. Though honestly, I've never heard of a doctor working IN a hospital before (unless they are Hospitalists who work with only inpatients).
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• @anima_mom619 have you heard of kaiser permanente? thats the chain she has medical for
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2012