*hospital vent* would you be annoyed to? adult content

so my 20 year old daughter has to get her mirena taken out, its causing all sorts of problems and lately its been making her nauseous...so she called into her hospital to scheduled an appointment to get it removed, told the woman on the line all the problems shes having, and asked if her doctor was still working at that hospital, the lady blew her off and said "ill send your doc a message and we'll see if she wants to see you" WHAT!? this thing could be doing something to her uterus, it could make her infertal, we dont know exactly whats wrong with it. PLUS mirena got recalled, shouldnt this be a top priority? on top of all of that her fiance is acting like a snarky asshole saying "i told you so nenner nenner" and shes had to tell her dad since she on his medical still and he doesnt give a shit, he just doesnt want her having another kid so he said "wouldnt it be better if you were protected?" its not like shes going to be fucking her fiance while shes cramping and bleeding after she gets it removed. its like no one cares other then me and her

so heres my question shouldnt this be top priority in a doc office? and would you be annoyed if this happened to your dd?

this is probably in the wrong section 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• I went in the ER for a throbbing pain in my abdomen. Once there, I told them I had an IUD in place. They ER did x-rays and everything a normal hospital ER does before diagnosing a patient. If she goes in for pain, they will have to do a work up.... it's a requirement of ER.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Don't you hate it when an Anon asks a question that no one on this earth can answer correctly?

Anonymous

• My doctors office is also out of the hospital, but I still make appointments through her staff in her office. I'm sorry your daughter is having problems, but she's an adult. Have her call her doctor and make an appointment. That's all she can do. Good luck, I hope she's feeling better soon.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Let's see hospital: gun shot wounds, heart attacks, strokes: no not TOP priority.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Yes, but the majority of Kaisers are not really hospitals, they are large clinics. And scheduling is centralized there. If they are booked well into the future (as most Kaiser docs usually are), they will have to get doctor approval to overbook. She just need to call back and be very clear that she needs to make an appt to get it removed... the sooner the better. Otherwise just go back to the ER.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• The ER will take it out if she goes in there. They have to.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• if she refuses to sign discharge papers at er they will take it out at her request to get rid of her LOL
    now, is she top priority NOPE not a chance
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 3:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Since she is not bleeding to death or unable to breathe, no, this isn't a top priority by any standard.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• She just needs to call and make an appointment, or she can go to planned parenthood.
    Anonymous

• Her father's Insurance only is accepted there?? What???

Welcome to HMO coverage
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2012