*hospital vent* would you be annoyed to? adult content

so my 20 year old daughter has to get her mirena taken out, its causing all sorts of problems and lately its been making her nauseous...so she called into her hospital to scheduled an appointment to get it removed, told the woman on the line all the problems shes having, and asked if her doctor was still working at that hospital, the lady blew her off and said "ill send your doc a message and we'll see if she wants to see you" WHAT!? this thing could be doing something to her uterus, it could make her infertal, we dont know exactly whats wrong with it. PLUS mirena got recalled, shouldnt this be a top priority? on top of all of that her fiance is acting like a snarky asshole saying "i told you so nenner nenner" and shes had to tell her dad since she on his medical still and he doesnt give a shit, he just doesnt want her having another kid so he said "wouldnt it be better if you were protected?" its not like shes going to be fucking her fiance while shes cramping and bleeding after she gets it removed. its like no one cares other then me and her

so heres my question shouldnt this be top priority in a doc office? and would you be annoyed if this happened to your dd?

this is probably in the wrong section 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• Tell her to call and make an appointment. She does not have to get permission to get it removed. Just tell the women on the phone. I want to make a appointment to get this thing removed.

Answer by louise2 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Call back and schedule an appointment. There is no reason for them to Not see her. It isn't going to be a priority over other people having problems, but it shouldn't be blown off either. If you can't get an appointment there call around to other OB/GYN offices and see if you can get an appointment with one of them.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• But wouldn't she call the doctors office and speak to his receptionist to schedule an apppt.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Her father's Insurance only is accepted there?? What??? Something is wrong here. Does she have an Insurance Card with her name on it or if she is covered under her Fathers Insurance then look at his card, call the phone number on the back of the Insurance Card & see if they can find another Dr. who she can see.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Here's the thing... I worked in scheduling for quite some time. There is only so much they can do. They have to follow policy. If the policy is to send a message to the doctor to get approval to overbook a day in order to have your dd seen, well then that's all they can do. I mean, you can keep calling back until the doctor is tired of all the messages, but other than that, it would be better to go to the ER.

I don't get irritated at that kind of thing, but that's probably because I've been on the other side before, and I understand that there are limits to what scheduling can and cannot do without doctor approval. It's likely that she didn't understand what your dd wanted to do. Though honestly, I've never heard of a doctor working IN a hospital before (unless they are Hospitalists who work with only inpatients).
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Don't you hate it when an Anon asks a question that no one on this earth can answer correctly?

Anonymous

• I'm wondering why she would have to go to a hospital for it to be removed in the first place. I had mine placed and removed in my gyno's office. What makes you think the Mirena she has is one of the ones that's been recalled?

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Why does she have to go to the hospital? Doesn't she see an OBGYN in a regular office? If she does not want to wait then find another Gynecologist. When was the last time she saw one? Perhaps her previous Dr. does not take her Insurance anymore. If she is on Medicaid can't she go to a clinic?

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I'd be irritated but the phone person doesn't have any authority to tell her anything. None of the symptoms you're describing seem terribly outside the norm of Mirena.

Just have her call back, tell the woman she'd like to make an appointment to have her Mirena removed and go it to do it. It's like a 10 minute appointment. Easy peasy
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• If she called her gyn and they blew her off I would be very unhappy. If she wants it out, it should be taken out! She needs to find an new gyn if that is how the front office is run.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 2:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2012