Step Parenting

My DH kids frustrate me so much. They are 4 and 8. I bust my butt at work all day come home and clean the house and turn around and they have destroyed it. Where ever they take it off is where it stays. They can't even throw away there trash, pull stuff out of the bathroom cabinets and leave it on the floor. Me and DH had a long talk about this last night and we are going to start working together on this. I am new to the step parenting role. I have a 16 yr old so hes out of that stage. Its just frustrating. We have them every other week

Tyler_mom1996

Asked by Tyler_mom1996 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2012 in General Parenting

• make them clean up after themselves. If daddy isnt home and they refuse to listen then and them to their room
    maybe their dad needs to talk to them
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Not sure what your parenting arrangements are....yours, his,,, but in reality they need to be "ours". That means they need to realize that you are also running the home and need to listen to you. Don't let them pit you against each other. If you say pick it up and they refuse then daddy needs to back you up when he gets home and punishment is worse then what ever you said it should be. Chances are the 4 year old is pretty much following the 8 year old. Get the 8 on board and the 4 will follow.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2012