Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 18 month old ate a black makeup stick from halloween.

I noticed some black chalky stuff coming out of his butt... and I didn't know what is was, and then I found the package for the makeup stick. It says on the back not recommended or children under 8 yrs old. The ingredients are: Hydrogenated coco-glycerides, paraffin, petrolatum, octyl palmitate, polyethylene, BHT, may contain: iron oxide
I think he already pooped it out... he had a hard time going to the bathroom, but his stool was half black/half green... Is he going to be alright?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2012 in Kids' Health

Answers (6)
  • Call poison control. 800 222 1222. ASAP.

    Answer by texasgurl33 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

  • yes,by all means. Post on Cafemom 1st before you call poison control..........

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

  • Why the fuck are you posting here... why haven't you called your doc or poison control. People really should be tested before being allowed to reproduce!!

    Answer by Crafty26 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

  • I'm curious about how you couldn't have known that he ate it in the first place. You only figured it out when he started crapping it out a day later? How does that even happen? And how did you decide it was the make-up stick? Did the package come out of his butt too? Good grief.

    Answer by hootie826 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

  • I would call poison control. Most items do not come out as they went in and black poop is never good.

    Answer by Dardenella at 4:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

  • I did call poison control and bring him to the doctor and he is fine.... you're all a bunch of catty unhelpful bitches!

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:16 AM on Dec. 13, 2012

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.