Is my mind not letting my body move on?

I had a miscarrige last month on the 17. I was just 9 days pregnant and didn't even feel pregnant when I lost the baby. If it wouldn't have been for the HPT and the doctor saying how far along I was I never would have known. But I feel pregnant now more than I did then. Is my mind playing tricks on me? Has this happened to anyone else? Or could I be pregnant again?

yngmomma21833

Asked by yngmomma21833 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm sorry for your loss. After I lost a baby(at 8 weeks) every month when I was supposed to get my period I thought I was prego. It took me a year to get pregnant with my son. It was hard....and of course it doesn't help that most pregnancy symptoms are the same as period symptoms.
    BUT of course there is a chance you may be prego again. If you already missed your period, go ahead and take a test. Best of luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I lost my first and was like that too. Always wondering. Its possible, if you didn't feel like you were then and now you do, then maybe so. I had the surgery at 10 weeks but the embryo quit growing at 6 weeks. I continued to get a puffy belly and wanted fruit a lot even though it wasn't growing yet. Was that just me, the hormones or possibly just in my head? Can't really say. I don't know. Its a hard thing to deal with. I had symptoms I didn't expect. Heaviness in my chest and aching legs when I walked back to that office for my checkup. Have you missed a pd yet? I was 2 weeks late with my son before I got a test. Every month before that I got a test right before so I would know to expect it. It killed me to not know. It will get better. Give it a little time. My breasts were real sore with my son at about 6 weeks. The week I was to get my rag I expected it cuz I had all the Pd symptoms or so I thought.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• You could be pregnant again. You will need to test every so often if you are having unprotected sex because you can get pregnant before your period ever returns. It can take some time for all of the HCG to clear out of your system and that can cause you to have some pregnancy symptons. Your body has gone through a lot. It was not pregnant, then it was pregnant and then in a very short time it went to not being pregnant again. Going thorugh a miscarriage is very tramatic both physically and mentally and the only thing that will lessen the emotions and physical symptons is time. I lost 3 babies before my son was born. It has been 5 years since my first one and May will be 4 years since my 3rd one and I still can not say that I am completely over it nor do I think I will ever be. Don't rush yourself to try to "get over it", grieve like you would anything else and in time you will start feeling like yourself again.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2009