Eggnog, serious question LOL

Okay at work we were talking about having a work party (at work). I said I would bring "special" eggnog. But of coarse was told it needs to be work appropriate. Now everyone expects me to bring homemade eggnog.
Anyone have any good homemade recipes for eggnog? Minus the alcohol

Asked by LostSoul88 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2012 in Food & Drink

• oohh! buy a gallon of eggnog and a gallon of milk, mix them together, add a pinch of cinnamon & allspice and voila! a double batch of eggnog that you technically made.

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 3:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• My homemade eggnog: Go to the dairy section, buy eggnog, take it home. Put it in a pretty container (punch bowl, pitcher, whatever), add a little nutmeg, stick a candy cane on the side and boom! Homemade eggnog. :) No one ever has to know.

Oh, I also sometimes add a touch of vanilla or almond extract. Adds a nice little flavor to it.

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• There are some really good ones out there though. You could always buy a container of whatever you want and then put it in a bottle of your own... LOL!

Answer by m-avi at 3:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I have always just bought the stuff in the dairy section, because I don't like alcohol in mine. I wonder if it's difficult to make yourself.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Mine all you raw eggs and that would be a no no to share
    Get custard at the supermarket (drink) and they will never know.

Answer by Dardenella at 3:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• When I lived in England, I tried to make my own because I couldn't find any at the shops. I have since vowed to leave eggnog making to the professionals.

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 3:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• My grandma use to make the best eggnog ever. I think it had raw eggs in it. If you would like, I will pull the recipe out for you.

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• yuck! lol

yes, mix with milk and spice it up

Answer by staciandababy at 5:11 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I refer to eggnog as Gag-nog.

Anyhow, I found this recipe that looks like it has some positive reviews.  It calls for rum, but states that you can use artificial rum flavoring instead of alcohol.  That might acheive the right taste and keep things office appropriate.

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Try Martha Stewart website.

Answer by booklover545 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2012