I need help inscribing a bible for my 2 grandsons who do not go to church. One is 9rs old and one is 20 yrs old . My 20 yr oldis living in a group home..

Jillybop

Asked by Jillybop at 3:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2012 in Tweens (9-12)

• like on the cover? ive only ever seen first & last names.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Maybe have it say to something about how they are a light in your life?? Kinda corny but all I can think of.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I think, she means writing a message inside the Bible. I've always like the song "I hope you dance" LeAnn Womack sings it, I think... Or there is a newer one by Rascal Flats - ??? I often use bits of song lyrics to say what, I cannot put into my own words...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Whatever you do don't write "here you are... at least I've done my part to keep you from going to hell"... because giving a Bible to someone who's not interested is basically saying just that... ;o(
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Yeah, I'm curious as to why a bible as a gift.....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Maybe something about sharing a bit of something that has been very special to you? That you pray as they read it they will grow in knowledge and truth?

Answer by missanc at 4:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Wow, I was only gone for a second... I think, its a sweet gesture to give a Bible to a grandchild. Or anyone...
    You maybe the one to plant that seed in them...
    Anyhow, the sing by Rascal Flats is My Wish
    Whatever you write will be a special memory to them and you...
    God Bless
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• You mentioned that they don't go to church. Are they not religious? If not, a bible isn't really an appropriate gift. If they are religious, you might try searching Pinterest for bible inscriptions. They always have tons of great quotes or inspirational sayings.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• SassySue it may be a sweet gesture to you but I would be highly offended if my grandparent gave me a bible. It's great if you are Christian... not so great if you are not! Goddess Bless...

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Same here, Crafty. My grandmother is Catholic, and very religious, but she would never buy me a bible. She and I couldn't have more opposite views, but she respects mine and I respect hers.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2012