I need help inscribing a bible for my 2 grandsons who do not go to church. One is 9rs old and one is 20 yrs old . My 20 yr oldis living in a group home..

Asked by Jillybop at 3:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2012 in Tweens (9-12)

• You mentioned that they don't go to church. Are they not religious? If not, a bible isn't really an appropriate gift. If they are religious, you might try searching Pinterest for bible inscriptions. They always have tons of great quotes or inspirational sayings.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• SassySue it may be a sweet gesture to you but I would be highly offended if my grandparent gave me a bible. It's great if you are Christian... not so great if you are not! Goddess Bless...

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Whatever you do don't write "here you are... at least I've done my part to keep you from going to hell"... because giving a Bible to someone who's not interested is basically saying just that... ;o(

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Yeah, I'm curious as to why a bible as a gift.....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Maybe something about sharing a bit of something that has been very special to you? That you pray as they read it they will grow in knowledge and truth?

Answer by missanc at 4:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Same here, Crafty. My grandmother is Catholic, and very religious, but she would never buy me a bible. She and I couldn't have more opposite views, but she respects mine and I respect hers.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:34 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I think, she means writing a message inside the Bible. I've always like the song "I hope you dance" LeAnn Womack sings it, I think... Or there is a newer one by Rascal Flats - ??? I often use bits of song lyrics to say what, I cannot put into my own words...

Answer by SassySue123 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Wow, I was only gone for a second... I think, its a sweet gesture to give a Bible to a grandchild. Or anyone...
    You maybe the one to plant that seed in them...
    Anyhow, the sing by Rascal Flats is My Wish
    Whatever you write will be a special memory to them and you...
    God Bless

Answer by SassySue123 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Honestly if they are not religious chances are they will not actually ever open it up. I would be more inclined to get them an inspirational book that you can flip through and read spinets of at will. Or an inspirational childrens book for the younger one. ( like 'Oh the Places You'll Go' ) and then write something in it. Adding a scripture.

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I agree with others that perhaps a bible is not the best idea for a present, especially for the one in a group home. I mean, I love my mom (most of the time) but I would be very upset if she were to get me a bible knowing that I am not a Christian. Just saying.

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2012