Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump


As of Jan. 1st I am out of a job due to not enough work. Can I file for unemployment and can my employer deny me unemployment benefits?

Answer Question

Asked by lynette737 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2012 in Money & Work

Level 3 (17 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Yes you can file & you can appeal if your employer tries to fight it. I don't imagine they would win that argument since they are letting you go thru no fault of your own. GL


    Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

  • You should be able to file if you had taxes taken out (W-2) and it's for lack of work. They will contact your employer to verify dates you worked and reason for separation.

    Answer by tessiedawg at 6:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

  • ok thank you ladies!! I am just so stressed about this with the holidays and all.

    Comment by lynette737 (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

  • get a letter regarding the reason for separation. GET IT IN WRITING. I can't stress this enough.
    If you don't have it in writing, you have no proof. DEMAND it. If you don't have one in hand, refuse to leave the property until it's given to you.

    Answer by romanceparty4u at 11:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

  • Fabulous New, Are you interested in learning about A work at home job option that IS realistic and rewarding?

    What if i told you that you would receive a check your First month started with us? it is that great & successful!
    I am very happy to say that joining our work team

    Answer by Modestdresses at 11:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.