Unemployment??

As of Jan. 1st I am out of a job due to not enough work. Can I file for unemployment and can my employer deny me unemployment benefits?

lynette737

Asked by lynette737 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2012 in Money & Work

• Yes you can file & you can appeal if your employer tries to fight it. I don't imagine they would win that argument since they are letting you go thru no fault of your own. GL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• You should be able to file if you had taxes taken out (W-2) and it's for lack of work. They will contact your employer to verify dates you worked and reason for separation.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• ok thank you ladies!! I am just so stressed about this with the holidays and all.
    lynette737

Comment by lynette737 (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• get a letter regarding the reason for separation. GET IT IN WRITING. I can't stress this enough.
    If you don't have it in writing, you have no proof. DEMAND it. If you don't have one in hand, refuse to leave the property until it's given to you.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 11:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• Fabulous New, Are you interested in learning about A work at home job option that IS realistic and rewarding?

What if i told you that you would receive a check your First month started with us? it is that great & successful!
    I am very happy to say that joining our work team

www.connectingfromhome.com/faithful77
    Modestdresses

Answer by Modestdresses at 11:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2013