Binkie

My son is 14 months and he is off the bottle completely but when should you ween him from the binkie? We use the nuk binkie a and he has been to his first dentist appointment already and the dentist said he is perfectly fine using the binkie. So I guess I'm asking when did you other moms start weening from the binkie

My son uses it for more of a comfort thing then anything else.

wifey000175554

Asked by wifey000175554 at 6:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Don't hate me for saying this... All 3 of my kids never liked or kept the binkie thank god. My boys did just fine with letting the bottle go and going to sippy cups. I've heard with bottle and binkie one or both can be harder to ween
    Babicakes24

Answer by Babicakes24 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Our middle daughter had a binki, she was around 18 months old...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• One friend let her kids use a binkie in the house, only, until they gave them up on their own at age three. Another let her Kids use one only at nap and bedtime until they gave it up themselves. No problems with teeth for any of them.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I limited it to the crib around 12 months. My oldest "lost" his one night when he turned 2, cried for one night then never again. My 4th lost interest in his on his own around 22 months. My 2nd and 5th were finger suckers - much harder to break!!

Answer by missanc at 9:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I weened mine based on when they started biting holes in the binkie. To help with the weening have the toddler throw it away so that they know it is no longer good, but don't replace it. Just let them know if you keep bitting holes in your binkie you won't get anymore. My DS weened himself within a couple of months. He was off the pacifier by the time he was 2 - 2 1/2.
    KLynneH

Answer by KLynneH at 4:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2012