Fully potty trained daughter has a diaper like rash that get better and then worst a vecious cycle!

She has been potty trained for 6months, now it started right after we switched her to underwear. At first i thought it was her night time pull up but she got potty trained put of it and she still has the rash its red and bumpy and in some areas she has open soars (from scratching so much i think). Took her to her prd she prescribed mupirocin(bactroband) and didnt help. Now she has me still putting the ointment but now she also prescribed and oral suspension cephALEXin(keflex) but still the same. She is just as stunned as i am no changes in detergent or anything.she referred me to a dermotologist and will be going tomorrow and hopefully they have answers as to how and why she got it and a solution that works ,

NEMOMMY12

Asked by NEMOMMY12 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Fungus infection? If it is, once you start treating her for it, make sure put socks on before she puts on underwear/training pants.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• try monkey butt or magic butt
    it keeps sweat etc from reaching the skin

ALSO do you wash her panties before she ever wears them, could the cycle be new panties if not?
    or she coudl have eczeama there - I kept a little girl that had it there very miserable, monkey butt happened to helo but she did see a specialist too

Good Luck!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 7:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Do you use detergent that for sensitive skin? I hope you guys figure out whats wrong she has to be miserable :(
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 7:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Yeast infection?

You can try lotramin (like for atheletes foot) and/or plain yogurt with live active cultures like acidophilus. You can also give her a kids probiotic.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Is she in cotton panties? Have you swiched detergents?
    Some people are sensitive on certain areas of their body and do better in cotton underwear.

Try switching detergents to one without additive like for stains or smell. Some people are just sensitive.

Use body soap like ivory that has no fragrance and is mild.
    Other than that I have no suggestions
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I did put lotramin but didnt do anything and when i told the doctor she said it wont do anything because its not fungus what she has. And yes i wash her undies after i buy them. Im going to buy the sensitive detergent. She is a trooper though love her!
    NEMOMMY12

Comment by NEMOMMY12 (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• She should be wearing cotton crotch undies.
    Take her to the Dr. maybe she has a yeast infection - or maybe she is not wiping properly yet so the urine is staying on her skin like it would on a diaper.
    Try using a new gentler detergent on her clothes. Dreft is wonderful for alergic skinned people
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 8:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I let her wipe herself but after everytime she wipes i give her a second wipe myself fyi we use wipes on her still, same as always.
    NEMOMMY12

Comment by NEMOMMY12 (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Er, maybe a latex sensitivity (if it's wear the elastic is rubbing against her only). Did the MD recommend any hydrocortisone or other steroid cream? GL!
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 11:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Oops, sorry, I meant "where" the elastic rubs....
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 11:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2012