Annoying things your folks do

my parents were over tonight for my daughter's mini birthday get together. they dont live far at all, but with the busy work week we usually only get together briefly on weekends.

anyway, everytime they're here my dad screws with something. it used to be my recliner. he'd move it so far out of the way and un-proportional to the tv (and this was when they'd come daily for dinner when i was working) so every damn night i'd have to put it back.

tonight, he messed with the volume in my new tv. it has some special surround sound crap that i hate because I HATE BASS! well, i hate when bass drowns out everything else. im in another room and can hear the damn bass thumping from my tv because i havent put it back yet. it took FOREVER for me to even figure out how to do it the first time! UGH! Not to mention as soon as he got here he turned it up so loud my mom & i had to scream over it, then he changes the channel to some boring CNN crap and goes outside, not even watching it! lol!

what are some annoying things your parents do?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Oh wow, that's irritating!

The only thing my parents do to annoy me is both entertaining (and a source of amusement for my dh) and annoying. They go out for drinks every night and tell us they are going just for appetizers. Why can't they just tell me, "we're going out for drinks, so if you call us after 6, call our cell phones." We're all adults now, no need to hide things from us! My dh laughs and call it "appetizing".
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• my mom will find a way to put down whatever nice thing you do for her
    Her latest was when i took her to Walmart to grocery shop. She pointed at the frozen case and told me to grab a bag of those. She was pointing at pancakes. So i threw a bag of the blueberries ones in the cart
    She calls me later and says I got her the wrong thing,she wanted waffles. I tell her it's basically the same thing.
    She says well maybe next time you'll pick the right thing
    I ask her how she didn't notice and how this was my fault. She just sighs.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Totally ignoring their grandsons!
    Yet giving all the girls the attention!
    Truly sad and annoying
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 8:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Lol! Your dad sounds a lot like my dh.

My dad is a total nag, "you need to do this and you need to do that".
    My mom will make plans with me and then forget, or mess up the time every time. But they are awesome parents. Can't complain.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• My mom is late for everything. I swear that women is going to be late for her own funeral. And believe me you don't want to be around if she has consumed any tequila...she gets a little to 'friendly'. Lol
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Breathing.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• My dad is a workaholic and my mother defends him so ... yeah that grates on my nerves in every direction. My dad is workaholic to the point that he is convinced he can go through Chemotherapy and work 50-60 hours a week. The man has missed every important event in my life and he is missing his grandchildren as well. My dad swears no one else can do all of the things his job requires and my mother buys it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• My dad talks to himself. Mouth moving in public and all. He has done it since I was little. Like when you're thinking to yourself, but with mouth movements...and a full on animated face. LOL. Not crazy, no dementia, just this quirk.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:57 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• You going to look back and laugh at all of that after they are gone. I know, both my parents died back in 1957.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:49 AM on Dec. 13, 2012

• My SO likes to nag too much and talk about money problems all day while he is woke. If everything is perfect he will find something to nag about. What a miserable life.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 11:25 AM on Dec. 13, 2012