"Muscle cramps"

I'm 38 weeks and 6 days pregnant, and my fiancé and I are walking through the mall and I keep getting cramps in my abdomen like my muscles are being pulled. I have to keep holding my belly "up" to tolerate it. Anyone else have this happen?

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Are you sure it isn't labor or braxton hicks contractions?
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• My tummy doesn't tighten with them and I don't feel the "pain" (I know they can be painless). They go away if I sit down
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Has it gotten any worse? My youngest is almost 12 so it has been quite some time since I was in your shoes. But it sounds to me like you may want to call your dr or nurse.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 10:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I called, they said it could be BH or ligaments. So Im gonna keep an eye on it. :)
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• If you go to a Chiropractor, she can feel for the ligaments in your belly and see if everything's where it should be... (And if not, they can do slight adjustments and suggest exercises to get you where you need to be prior to labor).
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:16 PM on Dec. 13, 2012