N e one feel this way... ever?

Ahhhhhh im so stressed out right now - the baby wont go to bed …. EVER and what is the right way to put the baby to bed I HAVE NO CLUE … people say let them cry people say DON’T let them cry and who is to say what is right and what is wrong, not every baby is like their baby and im confused on what I should do w MY baby - and to top it off my daughter, 6 is now crying on the couch cause I told her she couldn’t have hot coco and to wait till tomorrow because its frickn bedtime WHAT DON’T SHE GET ABOUT THAT WE DO THIS EVERYNIGHT at the SAME TIME … whewwwww

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2012 in General Parenting

• LOL, well I hope you feel better after you got that all out. Hang in there... You have a six year old, so you must have done it right with the first baby. Take care.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Sounds like you're tired too, i know the feeling :( Is dad around or another adult that you could have watch the baby for a few minutes while you go calm down the 6yo and read her a story and tuck her in for some special quiet time? She's probably feeling as frustrated as you by the crying/not-sleeping baby :-/ Then quietly rock/sing/dance the baby to sleep and lay em down in their bed. my 1st had really bad colic and we had many a sleepless night but daddy used to dance with her to some Outkast and it worked pretty good to get her to sleep, it was just the laying her down in her bed part that usually didn't work :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 10:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• how old is the baby> Baby years were pure torture for me - meaning infant to two-1/2 - nightmare.. I'm sorry mama..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• I feel your pain. My DS slept in a swing most nights since he hated his crib or the bassinet. Pretty much anything that didn't include him sleeping on top of me or DH or swinging just wouldn't do. So he swung. A LOT.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• Yes, I think every mom has felt that way, and I do on a nightly basis. My kids are older, and STILL wake me up in the middle of the night. My 10 year old wakes me up to tell me anytime he has a bad dream, lol. Sometimes I want to say "What do you want me to do???" lol, but these times will pass. Babies are very hard. Letting them cry it out IS affective if you are consistant, I don't believe it is harmful if you are making sure they are ok. Have you ever read Babywise? It's a pretty good book, I thought. It's basically how to train a baby. HUGS mama:)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2012

• thankyou all for your support and advise i don't feel like such a bad mom now, and they are all sleeping now - i just needed to get it out! yes dads around but hes at work, he works 2nd shift but he tries to help- not sayin it works lol but i dunno it felt good letting it all out to complete strangers.... :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:29 AM on Dec. 13, 2012

• Around 8 things get quiet at our house. TV off. Lights low. Snacks are fruit and sleepy time tea. Sometimes we add cheese and crackers. When she was little we had a bed time routine. Johnson and Johnson makes a baby lavender bath gel that is very relaxing. Good luck. We all have days like this but it does get better.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2012