STUCK!!! what should i do with my life??

OK, so i'm a stay at home mother and eventually someday i wont be :) my problem is i only have a high-school diploma and i don't know where to go and what i wanna do! im at home so i have all the time in the world to maybe do some online schooling but does that count for anything when i go to get a job or should i just get a job at walmart distrubution center making 16.00 phour? im just so confused - i don't wanna do online schooling and pay for it if its not going to get me anywhere .... ive been a stay at home mom for about 4 years, just keep having them babies :) .... so i don't have any background in anything really

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Dec. 13, 2012 in Money & Work

• There are many online courses that can help you move forward and be accredited in certain areas depending on what your interests are. The schools themselves will give you advice on what you should do moving forward
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 13, 2012

• What do you like to do? Do you have any special skills? Have you ever had a job before and what was it? What kind of hours would you be willing to work?
    I know nthing about you so I can't say/
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:43 AM on Dec. 13, 2012

• Would the distribution job be satisfying to you? I have a sister-in-law who works at a similar place and loves it! Makes good money and feels great about it. You could also go to a community college and see what certificate programs they offer. I have a friend in human resources and they frown on people coming in who have only done online classes. Many of them are not accepted as legit. GL!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:40 AM on Dec. 13, 2012

• We have a community college in our area that all credits count for an associates degree, anywhere. Find one in your state or community, it will cost much less, and you can use a state and federal grant for the tuition.
    Most other online colleges are bs.
    Trust me I know. I have friends with those, and they can't get a job based on that degree, nor can they go on for a master's. Well, they can, at that same college. Which gives them a master's degree they can't use.
    Check locally
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 11:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2012

• I think being a mother, keeping your home, and having children is the highest calling any woman could do. You should count your blessings and just enjoy being a mother to your precious children. They grow up so fast, and you are honored to be there for them until they are old enough to get out and start their own lives alone.
    I love being a mother. We homeschool as well. It works for us. I do not have a college degree, but with each job I have had, I have always been promoted to a very high position and even manager material.
    A college degree is not the answer to everything. Don't buy into the myth that you have to have one to be "successful." Good luck, mamma.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2012

• I am a stay at home/work from home mom. I would love to speak with you about what I do! PLEASE message me!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:11 AM on Dec. 20, 2012

• Make an appointment with your local community college guidance counselor. You don't have to decide what you want to do right away, you will have enough keeping you busy just earning your core credits to start.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:33 PM on Dec. 20, 2012