had hysterectomy and my hair fell out anyone else have this problem

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Health

• I believe it is the stress after the hysterectomy that causes the hair loss. I would consult your doc if you are worried.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 12:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• http://www.baldingblog.com/2006/05/16/hair-loss-after-hysterectomy/

(I found the following by googling. I know that after I've had long surgery that I had hair loss- the stress,likely.)

The stress from surgery can cause hair loss in genetically prone women. If you had your ovaries removed, the changes in hormones may produce a imbalance which may lead to your hair loss. Women normally produce male hormones in small quantities and they are offset against the large amounts of female estrogens. With the ovaries gone, the balance is tipped and this could be the cause of your ‘male like’ crown hair loss. Speak with your doctor about hormone replacement therapy.

Answer by Bmat at 12:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I have hair falling out too and I suspect a hormonal imbalance even though I have all my parts. Hormones are weird like that.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2009