Quilting?

I have this idea to take my DD receiving blankets and make a quilt out of them, but not sure where to start. Does anyone know a good blog/website/book that you would recommend to help me? Any pointers, suggestions would be appreciated too?

mommy_jules

Asked by mommy_jules at 8:57 AM on Dec. 13, 2012 in Hobbies & Crafts

• That's a great project! Basic block quilting isn't that hard. I don't know any sites, since my great grandma taught me, but you could google beginner quilt patterns. Most patterns have instructions. Or you could try a craft store, such as Michael's or Hobby Lobby, or the craft/fabric department in a Walmart, Target, etc. for quilting books. Good luck, I'm sure your DD will treasure it!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 9:11 AM on Dec. 13, 2012

• I taught myself how to make a quilt this year from Googling everything. GL
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 2:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• Have you tried putting ggogle into your search engeine? You will get major hits. Quilting: instructions will give you a few different ones., quiling;beginner will give you other ideas.
    It depends on what the blankets are made of. If the are cotton or flannel there are ideas and if they are more the stretchy kind there are different ideas.
    Are you and experienced sewer or a beginning sewre. I know you are a beginning quilter.
    Give some answers and I will try to match you up.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:49 AM on Dec. 13, 2012

• Well, if you are new to sewing also you can go to the library and take out some books on sewing.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 6:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• Well, I fairly new at sewing. I think I'm going to start after the holidays. I was planning on doing the basic block pattern. I haven't googled anything on it yet, I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice for starting.
    mommy_jules

Comment by mommy_jules (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2012