Any Good Samaritan stories in your area? This makes me proud!

So, at our local walmart, a "secret santa" paid off 35 layways, and it has been happening all along our coast!! People going in and paying off people's layaways...now, at first I was like "Darn, shoulda waited a few days to get mine off, maybe it would've been paid off!" but then it occured to me....I was able to pay it off, and many of these people were trying to figure out how to pay for theirs! Really reminds me of why we are called the Hospitality state, sure, we are number one in obesity and teen pregnancy, but good Ole Mississippi is the number one most charitable and giving state (true story, learned that in Sociology a few weeks ago)!

http://www.wlox.com/story/20331293/good-samaritan-pays-off-35-layaway-bills-in-diberville

Watch_me_burn

Asked by Watch_me_burn at 9:50 AM on Dec. 13, 2012 in Holidays

• Great post! I've heard some stories from around here, and it's heartwarming...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:00 AM on Dec. 13, 2012

• How awesome, I love that some people still have good will in their hearts nowadays when it seems like so many don't. If I could afford to I would love to do something like that!
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 10:37 AM on Dec. 13, 2012

• Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:38 AM on Dec. 13, 2012

• That is really a great story
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 1:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• That is a lovely story!
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 12:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Noteworthy!
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2012