Dog peeing in garage

our dog has a doggie door that allows him free reign in the garage and large backyard. his food dish is IN the garage as well as his crate. Well, he's been pissing in the garage! It's disgusting and my husband never cleans it and I am highly allergic to the animal. This is absolute b.s.

how do i stop him from pissing in the garage? I shut the dog door flap when I get up (against my husband's wishes) but the dog is peeing early in the morning while my husband is still here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Dec. 13, 2012 in Pets

• Yuk... Maybe first thing in the morning, put the dog on a lead and take him out of the house and into the yard. Once he starts marking his spot out there,he may be more inclined to want to go outside and explore. Make the garage off limits for a while until he learns that doing his duty outside is what he's supposed to do.
    I would also make sure his scent is removed from the garage floor, or he's always going to go there....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:15 AM on Dec. 13, 2012

• I feel sorry for your dog. Does he/she have a name besides "animal?"
    So you take your dog out in the mornings or for walks?
    Maybe he/she needs to be trained.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 13, 2012

• my husband walks the animal every morning and every night, PMSMom.

the dog is yard trained & housebroken. i really have no clue why he would be peeing where he eats and sleeps.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Dec. 13, 2012

• Maybe he is having some bladder control issues? I would examine every option before just thinking he was a bad animal. Dogs go through problems, just like we do. Also, maybe he's trying to tell you he's not comfortable or content in this environment.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:55 AM on Dec. 13, 2012

• He has no bladder issues. He sleeps in his crate all night and then is let out. The flap of the dog door is closer than where he pees in the garage...

I don't know exactly when he's peeing. I don't know if he goes outside and then comes back in to pee. Or if he eats breakfast and then pees before going outside. I just don't know.

My husband isn't helping since he refuses to simply lock the dog out immediately.

And I'm sure the dog isn't happy lately. He'd probably rather be in the home but due to my severe allergies it can't happen. I think he should be re-homed but my husband is selfish.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• I would do the thing that worked with mine and that was to rub it's face in the piss?

Susanmomof

Answer by Susanmomof at 6:12 AM on Dec. 16, 2012

• this dog is strong, susan! I tried to and it knocked me down! i don't trust it either. while it has never hurt a human it has attacked numerous other dogs. I just want it gone.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2012