Babe measuring big

hi im 23 and a couple day prego but measuring 27 dose this mean i could have the babe earlier?

luvstar

Asked by luvstar at 1:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Not necessarily but any baby can be born earlier or later than the expected due date.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• 23 weeks?
    Anything is possible. The baby could be on the big side,they may be off on your due date,the ultrasound could be wrong....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• Those measurements can be way off too. I know it's hard, but just focus on being healthy and knowing that baby will get here when it's ready!! My grandson measured big, and the US showed him to be over 9 lbs. He was born at 6 lbs 8 oz.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• You probably won't have the baby any earlier. Measurements can change because baby hit a growth spurt, the dr. is measuring you a bit differently this time, baby has moved inside of you. . . . I regularly measure 2 to 6 weeks ahead with my kids (5 of them). This last one I measured 12 weeks ahead,, but that was because of a lot of extra fluid. He was born about 10 days early, but my kids tend to come before their estimated due date. The longest was actually born at 40 weeks exactly. :)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• At 36 weeks prego with my son, I had an ultrasound due to lack of weight gain (at 36 weeks I had only gained 5 lbs total). Any way the technician was like "your only 36 weeks?" I said yes and she said "oh. he's measuring at 39 weeks and weighs 7 lbs 10 oz"....... I went into labor on the night of my due date and he was born the next day. He weighed 9 lbs 6 oz...... big boy lol. I only gained 10 lbs from start of pregnancy to the end. So in my case, with both of my kids that u/s measuring was correct (at 37 weeks they said my daughter weighed 7 lbs 2 oz, she was born at 41 weeks exactly and weighed 9 lbs 1 oz). So its possible that your baby is on the bigger side but it does not mean baby will come early.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2012