Trying to get 4 year old to listen

ive been struggling with my daughters behaviour for a long time now but its getting to be to much she docent listen to anything i say, ive tryed everything and nothing works. i am 6 months pregnant and getting worried if i cant get her to start acting better that i will go insane she listens to my husband a bit better then me but its off and on with him and she with me all day. getting her to sleep is mostly hard she wont go to bed and she gets into everything. any advice ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2012 in General Parenting

• give her projects to keep her busy, and bedtime was always a struggle when mine were that age...always needed something else and whatnot- that's pretty normal I think. Just try to keep the same routine and bedtime every night
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• Make her your big helper for anything and everything. Heap on the praise when she does something right. Make it clear what is, and is not, acceptable. Use time outs correctly when needed. You might Google time out and read up on the correct way to do it. Can be tough at first. Stay matter of fact about everything and take all anger out of the picture. Have a realistic consequence and stick to it if she does not cooperate at bedtime.GL
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 2:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• Schedule her whole day. Then it is just being very consistent about everything.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2012