Did you have to fast for your 1 hour GTT?

I didn't have to fast for my 1 hr this time. I cannot remember with my last two sons if I fasted or not. I just know that I was told it was not necessary. Wondering about others.

bhwrn1

Asked by bhwrn1 at 12:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, I didn't fast with the one hour. But the three hour I did.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 12:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• The nurse told me too so I did which kinda sucked cause my test wasn't until 2pm :-D
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 12:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I was told not to fast.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• If you do not fast then you are more likely to fail and have to take the 3 hr test and then you have to. I would suggest going ahead and fasting for it. Good luck!
    donismile

Answer by donismile at 12:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• With my first son, I fasted for the 1hr and still had to take the 3hr test. I would imagine you don't have to fast for the 1hr test b/c they only take one blood sample 1hr after ingestion to see what your glucose levels are. The 3hr test tests sugar levels before and after, so fasting is necessary to get a more accurate reading.
    bhwrn1

Answer by bhwrn1 at 1:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• nope i didnt have to fast, you do for the 3 hour. but not the one hour,,, at least at my doc.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:30 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• yeag I had too.After12 that night I couldnt have anything to eat or drink(except water) so that it would read right. It didnt matter tho I had gest. diabetes anyway
    Anonymous

• No they told me they would prefer if I ate before it ...just as long as I didn't eat anything sugary.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 2:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I only fasted for the 3 hour, not the 1 hour
    scottynerika

Answer by scottynerika at 12:55 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I think I just made sure not to eat anything real sugary... but no I didn't fast.
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 3:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2009