Just seen my GPA for the first time. :(

I got pregnant at 18. My senior year. So I wanted out of high school. So I took computer classes to graduate early! I graduated by Oct. 2010.

I picked up my transcripts today, because I want to go back to school for medical billing and coding. Whe I seem my GPa , I lost hope. I have a GPA of 2.9!!!!!!!!!!! I was ranked 1006 out of 1226 kids in my class of 2010. Basically I'm one of the stupidest kids!

It hurts! :(
I hate not being smart! I really do!!!
Will colleges still accept me!? :(((

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2012 in General Parenting

• *Typos . Darn phone!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• That's nearly a B average on a traditional scale. I have a hard time believing that only 220 kids had worse grades than that.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• Do a semester at community college and transfer in from there with a better GPA to a better school.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• It's not the end of the world! My husband had a much worse GPA in high school and he's been quite successful. Like the other poster said, go to a community college and then transfer with your new good grades =)
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• Yes. There is a college for (almost) everyone. Community college would probably be the best place to start at least to get back into school and get your GPA up. You can do this!

Answer by missanc at 3:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• I just looked at it again.
    And unfortunately , it's true!

Oh, how effin' embarrassing!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• Take a college entrance exam and find out.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• I'm guessing your lowest score is in English?
    Anonymous

• To get a degree in medical billing and coding, you dont need a four year college. You can get that at a community college, and your GPA is fine for that. If you want to go to a four year school, you can practice for your SATs, then really knock them out of the ballpark!!! Then you can explain to the admissions board that your GPA was low due to your life circumstances at the time (having a baby).
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• really 2.9 isnt that bad
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2012