Emphysema

I been having a hard time taking deep breaths and off and on chest pain pulmonary dr said it was asthma and gave me an inhaler it wasn't helping I tried different ones. My new dr went over my results and said he didn't think it was that and said it was showing I want getting enough oxygen into my lungs so that is causing short of breath. He said it was showing it could be emphysema which is COPD. Thing is my only symptoms is my breathing and chest pain. He is sending me to another pulmonary dr cause he thinks I am to young for that. I am 30. I don't smoke and haven't for like 5 years and with my first pregnancy I quiet and second as soon as I found out I was pregnant. I smoked for off and on 8 years minus 2 years since I didn't smoke with my pregnancies. I have 3 kids. But I am freaking out. How serious is it and what is the symptoms and my chances of hhaving it? I have always since a baby been smoked around....my husband smokes. I am being treated for anxiety as well but this is an a 'll day every day thing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2012 in Health

• I have asthma, and I have always "thanked" those who chain smoked around me until I was about 7. I get bronchitis at the drop of a hat and I know that although no one around me smokes now, the damage was done.

Google COPD and look the symptoms and the ramifications. None of us on here can diagnose you or tell you what your chances of having it are. Write a list of questions and take it to your next appointment.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• With COPD you can manage it. Don't freak out, there are meds, inhalers and oxygen if you really need it. Just see the other doc and get the right diagnosis and meds and you'll be okay.
    Anonymous