What can i take for allergies????

I'm 4 weeks along and I have the absolute worst allergies of anyone I know. It seems to be worse now....I went to take an allergy pill on Sunday and my fiance said I wasn't allowed to take anything so i didn't and I haven't. =/ Is that true? I'm dying! Please help me!

squirrelgirl83

Asked by squirrelgirl83 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2012 in Pregnancy

• I was told Claritin (plain, not D or anything) was fine while I was pregnant.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• Check with your dr, especially since you are in your first trimester, but my dr recommended benadryl as okay and a friend of mine was okay'ed on claritin by her dr. Not sure what others are out there - but please check with your OB!!

Answer by missanc at 8:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• My OB recommended Zyrtec.
    There are a lot of OTC you can take for just about anything after consulting with either Doc or Pharmacist
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• You should not take ANY drug without consulting your doctor first when you are pregnant. A simpple phone call will get you the answers you need.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• Call your OB to find out what they recommend. I don't recall having any allergies when I was pregnant, but your Dr's office should be able to inform you of what medications are safe to take while pregnant.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2012