On strike for Christmas

Any of you women feel under appreciated for what you do around the house especially during holidays? Your expected to do all the cooking, cleaning, organizing, and everything else rests on your shoulders while your kids are more worried about what's on their Christmas list. Your husband works sure, but does that mean everything must fall on your shoulders? I got this from a cool movie on lifetime called on strike for Christmas.

The women in this movie go on strike and make the men and kids do the dirty work for a while till they realize how stressful it is and appreciate and help the woman. It's pretty great. Would u consider doing this ? Say I

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Nah, that's not the type of thing I'd ever do
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• I actually enjoy most of the stuff at Christmas. I just want a "thank you" for all that I have done.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• I enjoy it too. Yes, it is work, but it is a labor of love.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• My family would prefer I not cook, so that falls to my husband anyway. My kids are all old enough to help clean the house, so I get out of most of that :P Um, I don't mind organization, and I love shopping for gifts for the kids and wrapping them.

Naw, I don't think I'll go on strike.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• I was so mad at my kids yesterday I felt like I should tell them NO PRESENTS this year!
    Then I caught myself and realized it's punishing me too :)
    So I just reeled myself back in
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 11:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• It doesn't work and the deal is he brings in the money and I take care of the household details, that includes the dirty work and training, DH and the kids to rinse and put a dish in the dishwasher, put their clothes in the dirty clothes basket and any other chores that I assign/ teach them to do.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• i actually feel that way a lot less at Christmas time. my DD makes me a present, DH buys me presents, and ive taught my DD to help me with a lot of the baking stuff (which use to be a chore but now its a joy!). the happiness i see on my kids faces Christmas morning makes any and all extra work this time of year worth it. and they always say thank you, as does DH, b/c when it all goes right, they know im the one who did it all haha!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• No, but then again I refuse to let all responsibility fall on my shoulders any time of the year. I work just as much sometimes more than he does so F that! Only time I make something solely my responsibility is when I know I can do it better.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• I made them help so I dont have to go on strike.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 9:12 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• no way
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2012