My daughter is 3 (will be 4 in 2 months) and sort of tall. I buy 4t or 5t shirts. But they make shirt sooo short for girls and pants so low. Her belly and hinny crack are always showing. Any advice on what brand shirts are made the longest?

brendaa7

Asked by brendaa7 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• buy a size or two bigger- or hold them up to each other and pick whatever one is longest
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• If you sew even a little bit, you can add some wide lace or a ruffle to the bottom of her shirts in minutes. Just a thought.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• I GOT THIS lol i have clothing problems w my daughter and i found the CUTEST shirts were like 2T or 3T dresses, no one could ever tell because they looked like babydoll tops :) ... hope this helped ... and when on sale you can find them at shopko and kmart or even the mall for like 2 to 10 buks a dress :)
    tonipaffel

Answer by tonipaffel at 10:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• Children's Place.... my DD is also tall and I NEVER had this problem with Children's Place stuff!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• I find that if you buy the "4t" it is way shorter than the size 4 in the youth sizes. I have the same issue with my daughter. I get them the 4/5s in children's sizes instead of shopping in the toddler section. Fits perfectly.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• Skip the "t" sizes and go right to the number only standards. It's been a while, but if I recall the "Ts" are designed for children that are still diapered or in pull-ups and who are slightly smaller. If you're finding the 4T / 5T to be two short, move into the 4/5 sizes. Brands like Children's Place, Old Navy, ect will offer an adjustable waist band which will allow you to get the right fit in the waist.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2012

• I agree with skipping the toddler sizes and going into the regular little girl clothing sections. They're made a lot longer than the toddler sizes, and the adjustable waistbands are great for getting the right fit in the waist.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:30 AM on Dec. 14, 2012

• Buy boy's pants instead of girl's pants. Seriously, I stopped buying girl's pants because of that very reason. Boy's jeans cover the entire area.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2012

• Shop in the big girls section and buy an x-small or small (4/5) They are longer but not much wider. Jeans....we buy at old navy and have not had a problem. Look for adjustable waist and buy a bigger size.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2012

• my DD has the same problem so ive had to start shopping in the "big girls" section instead of the toddler section. its really helped. also, we use lots of short dresses as shirts and they look great!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2012