last doc night for awhile. i watched The Daniel Project, where a man goes thru the Old & New Testaments pulling out predictions, putting them in an order (no idea where the order came from as they are from differing Bible books), and then showing either how they've come true or how they could come true. now the doc wasn't too extremist, it wasnt too one sided, for the most part it just put the info out there and his personal conclusions.
now heres my problem: many of these predictions that "came true" have been done in order to make the OT predictions come true. can something that was done in order to prove a prediction truly be it coming true? also, how can predictions like "social breakdown, loss of morals, etc" be a proven fact when society has collectively changed every generation and that the crime rate was the same in 2009 as it was in 1968? yet the doc claimed that we an increase in lawlessness.
heres the predictions and the supposed Bible verse for it...i say supposed b/c i havent looked all of these up for myself yet. the doc didnt list verses for all of its predictions which i found to be lazy researching...either theres a Bible prediction or there isnt.
1. Israel will be dispersed. Deut. 28:64-66 and Lev. 26
2. Jews will experience persecution throughout the world. Isaiah 3:24
3. In the last days Jews will return to their homeland. Ez. 37 (they claimed fulfillment in 1948)
4. Jerusalem will become the center of world tension. Zech 12
5. The lost language of Hebrew will be restored to Israel as well as the bringing back of the currency of the shekel. Zephaniah (Did not mention specific reference)
6. In the last days pools of water will appear in the desert. Ez. 45:!2
7. The land of Israel will become fruitful in the sense of produce, trees, etc. Is. 41:18-20
8. Man-made and natural disasters increase. Ez. 36:35, Is. 27:6/35:1
9. Increase in lawlessness, moral, and social breakdown. Mathew 24
10. Christian apostacy, mass spiritual delusion, anti-christ 2 Tim. 3:1-5
11. A great leader to bring peace within a new world order. No scripture given
12. world gvernment, forced financial system, and state-control. Rev. 13:16-18/20:4
13. A peace treaty signed-yet a military coalition attacks Israel. No scripture given
14. Earthquake large enough to split the Mount of Olives. Zech. 14:48, Ez. 47:1-10
15. water will flow from under Jerusalem (fault line). see above references
16. Rebuilding of the Jewish temple 3rd and final time. No scripture given
17. The east gate of the Jerusalem wall sealed until the end. Ez. 44:1-3
18. The kings of the east cross the Euphrates river for a great war. (200,000,000) Ez. 47:1-10, Rev. 9:14-16/16:12-16
19. The great final battle of Armageddon. Rev. 16:16, Mathew 24, Jer. 25:33, Zech 14:12
20. Only the wise and understand and escape (theme of documentary taken from Daniel 12:9)
Answer by hadassah1582 at 12:11 AM on Dec. 14, 2012
Answer by HHx5 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 14, 2012
Answer by HHx5 at 12:23 AM on Dec. 14, 2012
Answer by HHx5 at 12:26 AM on Dec. 14, 2012
Answer by hadassah1582 at 12:52 AM on Dec. 14, 2012
Answer by hadassah1582 at 12:58 AM on Dec. 14, 2012
Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:48 AM on Dec. 14, 2012
Many predictions are based on observation, and aren't "mysterious" in any way. Many predictions are so vague (like those "insights" that fortune tellers offer) that they could apply to many different situations, but those who WANT to believe the Bible will use them as proof of the inerrant "Word" of God. They find events to fit the prophecy, even if it requires some twisting, smoke and mirrors.
Consider this, too: We have leaders, affiliated with the Christian Right, who have said out loud that they want to bring about the "Apocalypse" by creating policies that drive our society, our government, and our environment to a point of self-destruction. They believe the "prophecies", and look forward to the day that the earth is destroyed so that what they believe is the future - a new age - will be ushered in, but with a lot of nudging on their part.
Answer by jsbenkert at 8:55 AM on Dec. 14, 2012
Answer by NotPanicking at 9:03 AM on Dec. 14, 2012
Next question overall
My daughter is 3 (will be 4 in 2 months) and sort of tall. I buy 4t or 5t...